Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    You don't know a lot about Lincoln apparently. He supported the notorious Illinois Black Codes that made it all but impossible for free blacks to earn a living. He was a "manager" of the Illinois Colonization Society, their goal was to use state tax revenues to deport blacks out of the state. He also supported the 1848 amendment to the Illinois constitution that prohibited the immigration of blacks into the state. Even as president he supported a constitutional amendment to pay freed slaves to leave the U.S.

    There are first hand accounts of a group of generals who left a wartime crisis meeting with Lincoln bewildered by the fact that he spent the entire time making racist jokes. General James Wadsworth, for example, wrote that he was "shocked by the racism in the Lincoln White House."

    I don't care if it's class. You just got through explaining how the Gate City players and students could not lead a prayer because it's still school sponsored....GET IT?????????

    A living person by definition cannot be a historical personage, doesn't matter what he will someday be.

    It is cultists.

    Are you trying to claim that you would thinks it's cool if a conservative teacher had his class singing love songs about Michael Steele? Come on.................
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    I don't really think anyone wants to really get started on race issues. That would not do any good for either side.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    I don't really see how pointing out the common misconceptions about Lincoln is "getting started on race issues"? I'd gladly point out that he was also an occultist if you'd like. Or should we not "get started on religious issues"?
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    I wasn't referring to your post Gotch, I was referring to the post R13 made. I am sorry if it came out that way.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    That's alright. He brought it in as a defense due to it being associated with black history month, which i believe was a legitimate attempt to explain the vid. I just don't agree with him, and I doubt if anyone other than extreme libs would either. Not sure he even believes it, think he just feels obliged to be the defender of all thing Obama
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    Also, to you or R13 or Biggin or anyone I've made a post disagreeing with, I'm not as big a smart a** in real life as on the net
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    I don't think I am either although most people who know me in real life would probably think differently. :0)

  8. #18
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    That's alright. He brought it in as a defense due to it being associated with black history month, which i believe was a legitimate attempt to explain the vid. I just don't agree with him, and I doubt if anyone other than extreme libs would either. Not sure he even believes it, think he just feels obliged to be the defender of all thing Obama
    I didn't actually, I brought it up with the all of the hate for the man. I've come to the conclusion that if he looked more like McCain, but had the same plans/legislation in mind, he wouldn't catch no wheres near as much as he does. There wouldn't be this indoctrination crap, there wouldn't be this muslim crap, no socialist crap, none of it...there'd of course be the run of the mill opposition, but nothing on this level.

    This was for black history month, he's black and he's the first black president, I don't see how he can't be mentioned in black history month. Michael Steele is the RNC chairman, how's that close to POTUS and leader of the free world? This was some presentation for one class, it's not the curriculum, he's not being studied as a course, this isn't mandated or anything...to say this is indoctrination, is ridiculous and pretty harsh claims. It's really funny how this becomes big news SEVEN MONTHS later, esp. after he gave addressed schools a few weeks ago...seems as if the Becks and Malkins are trying to make it out to be that these children have become brainwashed after the speech. It's a scare tactic, like all of it is, nothing more or less. It get's worse by the day, sickening almost, that there is this much hate for this man...for what reason?

    It's not his legislation, I know that. Most that complain about it, have absolutely no clue whats in this bill and that bill. No clue! The "czars" which is stupid to complain about, the healthcare bill especially though which I wanted to believe was motivated by general concern...but it's obviously not, since most focus on the most idiotic claims that don't exist. That's what happens when someone actually takes in what someone like Glenn Beck blathers about, what Rush blathers about, what Malkin blogs about. I may be a liberal, but I think the right soaks up the bull a lot more than the left. Honestly, I watch ones like Olbermann...but do I actually take in all of it without doing a little research? Hell no. Look at the 9/12 rally thing, see any Maddow or Ed Schultz fans being that crazy about them? Nope. It's like they have to have some Fox news pundit decipher what's going on, what this says or what the president said today...researching doesn't seem to be possible and watching anything else is just the imaginary liberal media indoctrinating them. Apparently it's the world against poor conservatives, with only them seeing the light, thanking God for Fox giving the "true" side. :rolls eyes:


    Rant over.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    Well, I've never seen this on Fox News (which I seldom watch). All I really know about it is what I see in the vid clip. It seems creepy and cultist to me.

    And for Gods sake don't start with the race card. That just belittles any real argument you make.

    You don't think the far right went after Bill Clinton pretty hard? There were dozens of video and audio tapes sold through umpteen different sources accusing him of murdering two teenage kids, a pregnant teenage prostitute, a friend of Paula Jones and her boyfriend. Of flying drugs into Mena Arkansas, I could go on all day. Was this because he didn't look like Jessee Jackson? Come on........

    We had a poster on this board calling for the public execution of George Bush!

    There is an entire cottage industry based around accusing Bush of:
    1.being the dumbest person on earth and
    2. Masterminding the greatest and most complex deception in world history on 9/11/01.

    Libs hate conservatives, conservative hate libs, they both lie, exaggerate, and demonize, the other. It ain't about race it's about an unhealthy, widening divide that may well end up destroying what's left of the country.

    And of course I disagree that either side is any more sensible than the other.............
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama

    Btw, "he" can be mentioned, and should be mentioned. But being mentioned positively and having kids sing chairman Mao like songs of praise and worship are two completely different things.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •